Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Widgets

Why do I have to pay so much for school!

I attend the 49th cheapest university in the state of Michigan. Ranking # 49 for having the lowest tuition (In State), the University of Michigan-Dearborn is a fairly small university with goals of equipping students with the skills they need to make a positive difference in the World.

I enrolled in my first college courses in September 2008. Now that it is January 2013, I have seen the cost of tuition increase from $3,500 per semester to $6,500 a semester. I chose to attend the University of Michigan - Dearborn because it was small, close to home, and cheaper than the other schools in my top 5 list.

Many people wonder whether the cost of tuition will affect the number of people planning to attend college. The rise of college tuition will definitely have an impact on who decides to go to college in the future. People are working while going to school to help pay for school. It is discouraging to have book costs exceeding $500 with only four classes per semester. I never understood how college students was offered so many things to buy and it is like we are college students. The majority of us do not have any money!

I am considering going to graduate school. However, since it is extremely expensive I am reconsidering going  straight back to school for my Master's Degree. Should I work and get experience and of course save money for a year and then go back or what?

The Expense of Learning documentary is a excellent and imminent source about the rising cost of college education. I interviewed with founders of this documentary. It felt good to share how I felt about the rise in cost of tuition. It was like I had a voice and someone actually listened to me.

Stay tuned for my posting on a hot scholarship!





No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-35927319-1